Welcome to my New Blog!!


Welcome to my new blog!

I have been a knitter for over 30 years, taught by my Mother when I was a child.

Over the years have knitted cardigans, jackets, waistcoats, scarves using garter, stocking stitch, cables and lacework.

At school a friend taught me how to crochet when I was 13. She used to crochet bookmarks threaded with ribbon to sell for funds for her family church. 

Faced with major orthopaedic surgery in March 2017 I decided that knitting and crochet would be my saviour against boredom whilst I had to be in bed with my leg raised for two months.

I had never knitted socks, so decided that it was time I learned how.

So started my journey into an exploration of knitting that was totally new to me.

The other problem was circular needles.  I had used circs some 20 years ago and hated it. I avoided patterns using circs like the plague.  

However I started my journey using 9" hiya hiya sharps and loved them.







Progressed to using circs for everything else too!

I also had never knitted with 4ply yarn either, so that was new too.

Will share my first ever pair of knitted socks here.

Cuff down, fish lips kiss heel and a kitchener toe.

Comments